Jack is so close to crawling. He gets himself into a sitting position, and on to all fours, and I can tell he's plotting the things he is going to do when he gets mobile. He was able to peek on to the coffee table today and he now knows where the remote control lives. The remote is one of his favorite things and is good bait to get him to crawl.
He is also getting very quick. He was by himself for about a minute in his cushioned padded play area full of toys, and had moved the toy box I had strategically placed over the cable outlet and was trying to unscrew it. I made a feeble attempt to babyproof today by getting at Jack level and removing everything fun (i.e. sharp, heavy, electrical, or otherwise dangerous).
Some of the baby contraptions have also been retired. The swing and bouncer chair have been put in thethe attic, as he no longer has patience for these containment devices. Unfortunately, we also had to retire our wine rack (booo!), to move the stereo equipment to a higher shelf.
4 comments:
How Sad! I can understand the bouncie chair and the swing. . . but NOT the wine rack! LOL So hard to believe he is growing out of toys already! I hope that you enjoyed your beautiful "Family Day". He is so darned cute. I want to pet him every time I see him too! Kisses and Hugs Grandma Glynn, GG, Nana (Come on Jack. . call me something so that I know what my title is going to be!)
I can't wait to pet him myself. I hope that will be okay.
Listening to the preparations you are going through to keep little Jack safe before he starts to crawl proves what a good mother you are.
If he learns how to crawl before he comes here, there are no guarantees that he will keep his knees clean.
I can't wait to see everyone. Love to all . . .
Awww. I understand the bouncie chair.. but the swing??.. that is great when they are cranky.. and need the motion, etc. Breaks my heart.. I think my kids were in their swing until they were almost three.. but it wasn't battery operated... .the sound.. the swaying... makes me sleepy just thinking about it.
You'll be able to take your wine rack out again.. when he goes to college.
Ahhh.. baby proofing.. even after I thought I had taken care of everything.. they will always find something they're not supposed to have. It's just part of the fun!
love you guys!!!
me
The caption for those photos should read "On Your Mark" and "Set". I'm sure it'll be "GO!" soon.
- ujpg
Post a Comment