Monday, May 26, 2008

Jack and the City



We are enjoying a wonderful holiday weekend at home. On Saturday, we introduced Jack to downtown Chicago. We started with lunch at Gino's East, where Soren works. Now that Jack can sit in a restaurant high chair and eat crackers, it opens up a whole new world in dining out. After lunch, we did a little shopping on Michigan Avenue. Grandma and Grandpa Glynn were staying in a hotel downtown, so Laura and I took Jack and Grace for their first swim in the hotel pool. We're pretty sure they had just has much fun rolling around on the big soft hotel bed, but they enjoyed the pool too.



Grandma and Grandpa were staying downtown so they could get up and "Bike the Drive" early Sunday morning, when Lake Shore Drive is closed to traffic and opened to bikes. Laura, Ryan, the babies and I took the opportunity to go for a long walk and enjoy the nice quiet lakefront, as there was only the sound of bikes.

Yesterday, we had some people over for a barbeque and Jack was on an afternoon nap strike, afraid he'd miss the party. I thought the swing on the porch would be a perfect solution (you're right, Aunt Corry, weren't done with it yet). It didn't work, but he looked adorable in his clashing plaid anyway.

3 comments:

Peggy said...

I loved 'Jack and Grace in the City'! What fun! It was a fun packed weekend and I thank you for the cook-out on Sunday. Those babies are a hoot together! We are SO blessed! Kisses and Hugs to all! GG Grandma Glynn

Favorite Aunt Nancy & Uncle Kevin said...

It looks like Jack is a man of the city. It sounds like you guys had a great weekend.
Looking forward to your trip up-nort-der.
Take care - Love to all . .

Corry said...

Oh my gosh... love the little trunks. I wonder if he'll be the muscle guy on the beach this summer.. kicking sand in the faces of the scrawny little newborns??

I can't believe he is almost a year old!! Incredible! Where does the time go?
Oh.. and restaurant dining?? good for you! I'm sure many people came up to you.. to "oooh.. and ahhhhh" over your handsome guy!
Love you guys!!!
Aunt Corry

Hits to the blog since 4-13-08

Free Web Site Counter