Tuesday, July 15, 2008

More Fests and Fun

We went to a Folk & Roots fest in our neighborhood this weekend which was much fun--pleasant music, good fest food and beautiful weather! Since Jack hates the grass, the blanket acts as nice containment device at outings like these














Jack also really enjoyed lounging at Aunt Noreen's pool. He chilled out in the little boat (pink again, sorry Jack), kicked back, and soaked up the summer. Thank you for having us, and we'll be back soon!


Also, it's official--Jack has verbally declared me his "ma ma ma ma ma". This gets whined at me most times I leave a room and I LOVE it. I'm sure the novelty will wear off when it's being wailed through the house, but for now, I'm loving it. Sometimes, it comes out more like "mem" and he sounds a little like Cartman from Southpark. More cheesy poofs! I will get it on video soon.

Laura and Grace were kind enough to spend the night last night as Soren and I both had to work late. I love morning morning baby faces--




4 comments:

Peggy said...

I know just what you mean. Morning faces are the sweetest and purest! Kind of freshly angel kissed! You captured Jack's quite beautifully! I love the pictures. Thanks for the update! Kisses and Hugs Nana

Favorite Aunt Nancy & Uncle Kevin said...

What a sweet sound - mama, mama. Now you can't beat that!
It sounds like you are really enjoying the summer. Hopefully, I'll see you while we are in Chicago. Thanks for pictures - they're great!
Love to all . . .

Corry said...

Ahhh... that Ma-ma-ma-ma-.. never gets old. It will always be music to your ears. It means someone who has been entrusted to you..loves you and needs you.

Glad to see all of you get out and take advantage of all the summer activities.

Love you guys!

linda said...

Hi Jack
I just spent the weekend withPiper and Gannon. We had a great time while Uncle Erik and Aunt Kelly went to Pa for Kelly's class reunion. I remember when Kelly worried that Gannon didnt talk well he is making up for his quiet phase and has mastered his likes dislikes and can certainly make his needs known. Piper is 5 going on 20. She has a great vocabulary.


I am so happy you have given your mom the thrill of calling her name.
Soon when she wants you to show off your verbal accomplishments you will probably say "dada" instead!!! Every word is so precious and I cant wait to hear you.
You look so grown up in your new blog picture. I just am so excited that soon we will see each other.
I think its just 6 weeks away.
Sweeet dreams
Love Grammie

Hits to the blog since 4-13-08

Free Web Site Counter