We had a great trip to New York to visit the Culvers last week. Both flights were near empty and filled with the sound of a sleeping Jackson. We had a wonderful visit and it was great to see everyone. Unfortunately, the only pictures OF Grammie and Grampie are on Grammie's camera. I did take a few "artisitic" shots--
At 4am when we got him up for our early morning flight home. He was very cozy in Grammie's bed and did not want to get out.

After a screaming Jack got us booted from of a tour of the Vanderbilt mansion, he fell asleep in the car holding Grammie's hand. She was kind enough to sit in the car with him in the driveway while he finished his nap. Awwww...
At 4am when we got him up for our early morning flight home. He was very cozy in Grammie's bed and did not want to get out.We came home Wednesday and Christmased our house. After much research, we found the perfect spot for the Christmas tree. Now that we have a new little walking person roaming the house looking for trouble, this required some planning. It is a toddler challange. He can't reach it, it's fake, pre-lit, and there is not one breakable ornament on it. The Little People nativity, which is safe to play with, was strategically placed at Jackson level to distract from the tree above. I'll keep everyone posted as to when and how it falls. Maybe a good yank on the tablecloth? Perhaps a climb up the recliner? Place your bets.
3 comments:
Hi Jack
It's late but want to place my bet!
I myself pulled the tree over at 2 years.I was chasing the cat who thought he was safe up a tree-- but she was not aware of my determination to dress her in my new dolls pj's. My mom told the story every year so I guess I should let you know, as the betting begins, you are not alone!!!!!!!!!
I think you will get on the recliner to replace the angel you borrowed from the manger. While trying to replace it-- decide to place it on the tree instead --and all will be history!!!!!!!!!!!
We had a great time on your visit to NY despite being booted from the Vanderbilt Estate!!!!Who wanted to be locked in on the second floor anyway!!!
You are so cute and extremely smart
Grampie and I are very impressed with all your talents walking talking dancing and just being adorable.
Your parents are doing a fantastic job.
I will try to figure how to get your pictures from my camera to you, but it will take a while. The doctor is keeping me out of work til monday for my poor sore finger so maybe I can find time to work on it.
Sweet dreams
Love grammie
I'm glad that Grammie and Grampie had a chance to visit with Jack. It sounds like you had a good time in New York.
Thanks for the update. See you at Christmas. Love to all . . .
I LOVE.. LOVE.. LOVE.. the picture of Grammie holding Jack's hand.. and the one of him all snug in her bed. How perfect! Your little jammies are adorable too.
One year we put the Christmas tree in the playpen, that way Maddie couldn't get to it. It worked out quite nicely.
Since your tree is pre-lit, and has nothing breakable.. he may do ok with it on the floor. It might be kinder than having it topple on him, but you crazy kids.. know what's best. I love that Little People nativity too. So kid friendly, as it should be.
I'm glad you enjoyed your trip and got to spend time with Soren's family. That is so important.
Happy Holidays everyone!
Love,
Aunt Corry
Post a Comment