Thursday, January 29, 2009

It's all about Jackson



To make up for the last post about our trip, we're back to it being all about 19-month old Jack:
  • He talks...A LOT! We can hardly keep up with the new words he adds to his vocabulary every day. He can tell us exactly what he wants…repeatedly. Names, places, foods, toys, and he's even starting to piece together 2 and 3 words.
  • He practices his new words and phrases before he goes to sleep. Laura heard “Ollie, hush” and “Grace, come here” at naptime the other day.
  • He knows what letters and colors are. Not exactly which ones are which, but he identifies them in the right category
  • He has eaten beets with blue cheese dressing and come back for more (not from my plate--blech)
  • He likes to put stuff in his wagon and drag it around the house
  • He knows there is a picture of a dancing Elmo on his diaper
  • He thinks the words “dump” and “squeegee” are funny (who doesn’t?)
  • He just learned this morning how things get flushed down the toilet.
  • He gets more excited to see his daddy than his mommy (but I know he loves me too...sniff sniff)
  • He's getting molars
  • He gets crazy and silly when stripped down to his onesie for bath time (pictures above)
  • He has a healthy obsession with Elmo and Thomas the Train
  • He requests the TV to be put on by saying “I see?”
  • He really likes peaches and peas and books. We hope this continues.
  • He loves his teddy bear, and has named him “B.”

Dinner with Jack:


My favorite part of that video is the mischevious look on his face after he drops the juice.

Going places with his stuff ...and very proud of it:

5 comments:

Sheila said...

I'm not a fan of juice with dinner either so I understand Jack's displeasure. Ha! Very cute video.

Corry said...

He is adorable! I am curious if the plate went the way of the juice? Have a great weekend!

linda said...

Hi Jack
I was thrilled to see your videos.
I enjoyed seeing that your mom and dad had a great get-away too.
The word juice never sounded so fantastic til I heard you say it
with a twinkle in your eye!!!
You are so very smart and cute.Your parents make you work awfully hard to get your toys from on place to another- but you seem to enjoy all the effort!!!!!!!!!!

Have a great day
sweet dreams
Grammie

Favorite Aunt Nancy & Uncle Kevin said...

I can't believe what a difference a couple of weeks makes in Jack's development. He can clearly make his preferences known. Way to go Jack!!!
Love to all . . .

Laura said...

I love the new layout. I am inspired to change mine.

Hits to the blog since 4-13-08

Free Web Site Counter