Sunday, March 22, 2009

Grammie and Uncle Ezra's visit



We had a wonderful visit with Grammie and Uncle Ezra this week. We went to the the Art Institute, Navy Pier, to the lake, and to the park--and that was just to kill time between meals. We covered it all--corned beef on St. Patrick's Day, hamburgers, pizza (twice), dim sum and Italian. Not to mention the ice cream, brownies, and carrot cake (made by Laura for a very happy birthday to me).

Jack finishing his brownie sundae at Hamburger Mary's:



Jack and Grammie with Scooby Doo and Clifford at Navy Pier:

Jack's new favorite thing to do is "hol hans" when we're outside, which means he wants out of the stoller. "Holing hans" usually lasts only a few minutes before the first escape attempt, but he's getting better. Holin hans with Grammie:

6 comments:

Sheila said...

That's a great closing photo. Sounds like a good time. Sorry we couldn't be there for your birthday!

linda said...

Hi Jack
What a wonderful week we had.
I couldn't have been more impressed with your extensive vocabulary and your math shills- you can count anything- but dont forget #11!!!.
At navy pier we shared our love of music, listening to a wonderful group of musicians.We really liked the drum. Jack, I cant believe after we got home you remembered I told you grandpa played many instruments. you are so smart.
You also have great rhythm and I enjoyed dancing with you.
It was great visiting with all of your family Nona,Popa,Laura, Gracie, Ryan, Uncle JT, Brooke, Super Nona- and sharing in Mommmie's birthday.
Ezra and I enjoyed seeing uncle Johns improve show. We told grandpa all about it and laughed ourselves silly.
Well my sweeet Jack I must go
Thank you all for a great time.
Sweet dream
Love Grammie

linda said...

Hi Jack
What a wonderful week we had.
I couldn't have been more impressed with your extensive vocabulary and your math shills- you can count anything- but dont forget #11!!!.
At navy pier we shared our love of music, listening to a wonderful group of musicians.We really liked the drum. Jack, I cant believe after we got home you remembered I told you grandpa played many instruments. you are so smart.
You also have great rhythm and I enjoyed dancing with you.
It was great visiting with all of your family Nona,Popa,Laura, Gracie, Ryan, Uncle JT, Brooke, Super Nona- and sharing in Mommmie's birthday.
Ezra and I enjoyed seeing uncle Johns improve show. We told grandpa all about it and laughed ourselves silly.
Well my sweeet Jack I must go
Thank you all for a great time.
Sweet dream
Love Grammie

Peggy said...

What a fun week, indeed! I am so glad that I got to visit with Grammie and Uncle Ezra and share in some of the adventures. You are one lucky little boy to have such a wonderful, joyful Grammie!

Favorite Aunt Nancy & Uncle Kevin said...

Great pictures! I especially like the last one with Grammie.
Glad you had such a good time and glad you had a good birthday, Donna.
It sounds like you can pack more in one week than I can in a month.
Thanks for the update.
Love to all . . .

Corry said...

I heard you had a great time with Grammie and Uncle Ezra. That last photo.. needs to be framed. Happy Birthday again, Donna! I heard the carrot cake was out of this world!!!

Love you!

Hits to the blog since 4-13-08

Free Web Site Counter