Saturday, June 27, 2009

Happy Birthday TWO you!!

Jackson's best "say cheese" face:

TWO whole years since our 1lb 12oz little Jackson made his daring escape into the world!
HAPPY HAPPY 2ND BIRTHDAY JACKSON THOMAS!! WE LOVE YOU!! (so much that I'm up at 5:30am...too excited to put candles in your pancakes and give you presents!)

Grammie has been visiting since Wednesday and we have had a wonderful time! We went to Navy Pier, where Jack went on his first solo train ride. He wasn't impressed, but he didn't scream either. He was impressed with the array of Thomas the Train merchandise he was circling, and he ended up leaving with a hat and a shirt. So, we're suckers--however, $25 in merchandise DOES make the $2 train ride free :-)
Yesterday, we met Laura (brave Laura, due next week) & Grace downtown. We took the kids to splash in the fountains at Millenium Park and for lunch at the Taste of Chicago.


There will be lots of birthday pictures to come, as we're having a bbq party at Nana & Papa's house today--fun fun fun!

Now..wake up, little birthday munchkin, so I can light up the pancakes and give you presents!(we're hoping the basketball hoop is a big hit)

6 comments:

John P. Glynn said...

Happy #2 to my favorite Godson ... see you at the party!

- unclejohnp

Julia said...

Happy #2 to MY favorite (don't tell Gabe) Godson. I'LL TRY to see you at the party!

Peggy said...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY JACK! Silly Nana, I have tears in my eyes as I see these pictures and know the JOY that your Mama is feeling this morning! You've come a long way, Baby! God Bless! Can't wait till you get here. Love, Hugs, Kisses and prayers of Thanks - Nana

Favorite Aunt Nancy & Uncle Kevin said...

I echo what Nana says! Thank you for the gift of Jack - and his parents, grandparents, and Godparents. It's hard to believe that it's been two years.
Take care, little Jack. And Happy Birthday!!!

Corry said...

Happy Belated Birthday, little guy! Hope your party was great fun. I'm sure you love your basketball hoop! We're so lucky to have you!!!!

Love you guys!!

Sheila said...

Happy Birthday Jack! Splashing in the fountain looks like a fun time.

Hits to the blog since 4-13-08

Free Web Site Counter