One of the nurses made her a tissue bow. Too cute.
The story of her arrival:
I had a routine non-stress test scheduled for Monday, but when I took my blood pressure in the morning, it was a little high. It wasn't scary high, but high enough where I called the doctor to see if I should come in there instead of the non-stress test. She said to just to into OB triage. Once she said that, knowing I was full term, I had a feeling this was the point of no return. Actually, I may have been in a little denial about it. Although I packed a small bag to take with us, I was still attempting to take my blood pressure to get a lower reading. Soren knew, and said in the car, "We're going to meet Maddie today."
We arrived in OB triage around 10:30am, and by 11:00am my doctor had the c-section scheduled for 4pm. It was a much lower key event than Jackson's arrival. At 4:00, the production started, and she was out by 4:46pm with big healthy screams. Once they cleaned her up, Soren just held her next to me while they finished with me, and then we all went to the recovery room together, where my mom and Laura were waiting. This was nice, as I anticipated being separated from her while in recovery.
Since then, she has been doing awesome. She's a good eater gets cuter by the second. She was down to 5lbs 13oz as of last night, but that is expected. My recovery is slow, but coming along. We have both been cleared to go home tomorrow. Jackson has been with his Nana, and will be going home with Soren tonight to start his life as a big brother. He was pretty indifferent to her yesterday, and I don't think there will be any pictures of him giving her a big hug in the near future. Putting her hat on her yesterday was as affectionate as he got. He will learn to love her though...we hope.
Our first attempt at a family picure:
I'll try to keep up with posting all the pictures on the Shutterfly site.
5 comments:
awww. cute pictures. I super cannot wait to hold her! Kisses for all!
-Julie
So exciting! How different the experience must be this time around. God bless your little girl and your growing family. Good luck in these next crazy months and just take it one day at a time.
Incredible.. isn't it? I can't believe that you are both up and dressed in real clothes!!! I didn't get dressed until my Maddie turned.. three or so.
Ok.. loved the little tissue bow. I especially liked it taped to her little hat. Let's face it.. those hats are not all that flattering for a baby girl.
Next.. they scrubbed that baby too hard. Did you see how red her little skin was? Too hard, I tell you!
Then.. I want names.. just who made that baby cry???? Maybe she doesn't like to be unwrapped and viewed in her "all together". Maybe she is more content being bundled and held. Don't you be letting that beautiful baby cry!
God bless all of you! Can't wait to hold her and kiss those beautiful cheeks of hers. Special hugs to her handsome big brother!
Love you!
She is just adorable! So glad all is healthy and well! You are one blessed mama!
It was a pleasure to meet the new little darling on Tuesday. Hope to hang with her more soon! - ujpg
Post a Comment