I think our first holiday in the new house was a success! It was a wonderful day filled with family and food, and we look forward to many, many more. Thank you to all who pitched in with the preparation and clean-up and for everyone we were lucky enough to have gather around our table. I didn't take any pictures of the feast itself, but here are some after-meal highlights.
Hail to the Chef! The turkey was brined, cooked on the grill and awesome!
Jackson and Grace sitting still together. These are not easy to capture.
Madeline hanging out with her Super Grandma and Aunt Noreen
Jackson completely engrossed in Mikey's video game. I have no idea what it is or what it does, but I have a feeling he will be telling Santa about it.
"Digesting" in the hot tub. This went a late into the evening and made for a lazy day today for me and the kids, filled with leftovers and naps. Soren had to work a double today. My hero. I couldn't imagine it. But, seriously, who do we think we are? Living like rock stars in our own back yard. Jackson woke up this morning and asked "Is Papa still in the tub?"
And now, the stockings are hung, and bring on Christmas! I am so lucky to have this time off on maternity leave to spend with the kids and enjoy the holidays. January will be a whole new working-mom world, so I'm really going to try to soak it up (no pun intended). I hope everyone had a wonderful Thanksgiving!

2 comments:
Looks like the ultimate holiday at your house!- So.. so many blessings. You are so lucky to be off around the holidays with the kids. That in itself is a wonderful blessing. God bless all the Dads who go out and work so hard to afford us that luxury. I know it's not easy. I hear your house is like a palace. I'm so happy for you! Treasure every moment!
Love you guys!!
Wow! Looks like it was a great Thanksgiving! (hadn't heard about the hot tub) Your beautiful kids and that home... lots to be thankful for!! What good timing for your maternity leave.
Post a Comment