As of last night, Jack is doing better and appears to be on the upswing from whatever this infection is. Although they tell us the x-rays just look "suspicious," they are going to treat it as if it is NEC and continue the antibiotics for 10 days (today is day 3). No matter what the exact diagnosis, he definitely has some sort of infection and the treatment is at least 7 days of antibiotics. We were told not to expect the transport to happen until he is evalutated after this time. So, we are staying put, watching Jack get better. He is back on the CPAP, IV fluids (instead of feedings) and temperature monitor so he isn't working on anything except fighting the infection. Aside from getting frustrated with all the equipment on him, he seems comfortable.
In the mean time, here's a recent video complete with soundtrack.
7 comments:
Donna and Soren
I am sorry about your setback and hope tht everything goes smoothly! I am still looking forward to seeing little Jack soon. I know that this is just a little bump in the road and he will continue to improve and fight just as he has been. Keep your chin up You are all in my thoughts and prayers daily. Love and miss you
Aunt Noreen
I absolutely LOVE the video and music. It lifts my spirits each and every time I play it and I would be embarrassed to tell you how MANY times I have watched it! He is SO beautiful! Donna and Soren, you have so many friends and relatives who call us and tell us they are keeping up with the blog or calling for updates and sending their love and prayers. We are all so blessed by the love and concern of others. I wish you a wonderful day. Gramma Glynn
How cute! Poor buddy looks like he has the hiccups. Other than the hiccups he looks fine to me. What do those doctors know. Sneak him off in your purse and bring him home for me to cuddle.
I LOVE the videos and daily updates. I have shared Jack's progress with anyone who will listen.
Jack looks like he's making progress. (But then, I'm not a doctor, nor do I play one on TV.) I'm sorry that Jack isn't coming right home, but glad that they are being so careful with such a precious bundle.
In the meantime, get some rest Soren and Donna. The city that never sleeps is waiting . . . Hey, I hear that several bars on the north side have gone out of business in your absence (and Aunt Laura's pregnancy as well).
Take care,
Love,
Nancy
Curse this agonizing delay!
To demonstrate that I'm with you in spirit, I will also spend the weekend lying on my back barely conscious and blowing spit bubbles in between hiccups.
- ujpg
Hello Jack, This is Grandma Glynn wishing you a happy and healthy ONE MONTH Birthday! You are a fiesty little guy and we love it! I am making my arrangements to fly down and see you one week from tomorrow. However, if you'd like to meet me in Chicago BEFORE that, it would be AWESOME!! Hugs and Kisses to you.
Hi Jack
We had a great visit today. Aunt Kelly and I got to see you without the plastic box over you!!It's a little difficult to see you with my bifocals and that plastic box between us.
We could touch your little fingers and I touched your beautiful feet.
You had the hiccoughs after you let go of your binky but you didn't seem to mind.
You look great. I heard you are 2lbs 11 oz WOW!!!and I could see the difference -You are getting quite heafty!
Your mom and dad looked great too
They looked relaxed today
We had a delicious dinner at Justin's and walked through Washington Park where your great- great grandfather Culver planted tulips many years ago.
We also walked past the house your grandpa lived in when he was in 2nd grade.
Sorry we didnt get back to see you after- but we are having thunder storms and it was good I left because we had heavy rain on the way back to Kingston
Well I must go as it's lightning and the thunder is getting louder
Sweet dreams
Love Grammie
grampa sends his love too
Post a Comment