Thursday, July 19, 2007
Just a little update
There is not too much to report, but I know there are a few Grandmas out there who might like an update. Jack continues to do very well, although his weight gain is at a standstill for the moment. He actually lost a little over an ounce yesterday and is back down to 2lbs 4oz. It is a balancing act between getting him to gain weight while managing his breathing and reflux. Because he is off the CPAP now, he is working harder to breathe and burning more calories (which is progress in the breathing department). They have increased his feeds to 22 mLs to compensate, but he's been giving a little more back (reflux). So, we will just be patient and have confidence that they will find this balance and he will start beefing up again. He has had his eyes open more and been more alert the past few days. To amuse himself and pass the time, he blows spit bubbles and occasionally pulls out his oxygen and feeding tubes. Here's a few more pictures. Thanks for the striped outfit, Aunt Laura!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
You betcha! Thank you Sooo Much! This Grandma checks the blog about once an hour when I am home. If there is nothing new I just start at the beginning and watch him grow. I never tire of him! That's OK Jack, if you need a little rest from all that growing you just go ahead. We will all be patient and count all our blessings. God Bless!
Grandma Glynn
Hey Donna does Jack read these comments on your laptop or are you printing it for him or what?
Anyway, I am also a fan of spit bubbles, so let's plan on a contest when I see you next weekend, big guy! We don't have to play for money or anything.
Until then, keep growing to about the size of some very tiny White Sox PJs.
jpg
I have used my computer more in the last 3 weeks than I have in 3months. I enjoy every word and the pictures warm my heart. I read and admire this wonderful journal from the beginning almost everyday.
We are blessed to have such a great family, who is so willing to share their lives with all of us.
thanks and
lots of love
grammie
Post a Comment