Tuesday, August 7, 2007

Back Online

Thank you to my guest bloggers! We are back online and settling back in at home. It is great to be back! Jack is continuing to thrive at Children's Memorial.

He is up to 3 lbs 12 oz. He got his oxygen tube off yesterday, but because of a few dips in his stats overnight, they decided to put it back on today (shortly after this picture was taken of his adorable little face). It's only a minimal amount, so he may go on and off it a few times before coming home. His digestive system seems to be working well, as they continue to increase the amount of milk he is getting. Today while he was getting his lunch (through his nose) a little milk was put on his pacifier just to give him a taste and have him start making the association with the sucking and the full belly. We are not far from being able to feed him.

He has grown out of a few of his smallest outfits and is really filling out. We gave him his first "bath" the other night--which was really just a wipe down with a warm washcloth. He enjoyed it.

He is loving all of his visitors, who included Grandma and Great Grandma Glynn this morning:












For his biggest fans that can't get enough, all of the pictures (including many not on the blog) are posted on http://www.donnaandsoren.shutterfly.com/. I will continue to post them there as well.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh my gosh! What a beautiful little prince! He is so awesome! Donna you are just beaming! Peggy you look wonderful holding your grandson! Did you ever think you could love someone so much! I know how anxiouxs you were to be able to hold him. Doesn't it feel good! Soren, not to be forgotten, God Bless you! Peggy has said how wonderful you have been for Donna and Jackson. You make a beautiful family and we can't wait to see you ALL in person. Good job guys! Uncle John says hi and sends his love too. God Bless you all! Love Aunt Marilyn

linda said...

Hi Jack
I have been staring at your sweet face. Its hard to believe tomorrow you will be 6 weeks old. I am so glad that you are getting the chance to be without that cannula
in your nose. It won't be long before it's just history. Im glad they got this new picture of you without it.
Now that you got your first taste of milk, I am sure your tummy will work harder to get ready for the big day when you can be free of that annoying nose tube.
I love the picture of you and Grandma Glynn -she is smiling for both of you. (can,t say I am not a little jealous) but I am so happy you have so many people to love you.
Give my love to your mom and dad who made this adventure happen.
love to you sweet one
grammie and grampa

Peggy said...

It has been such an exciting day. I will remember August 7, 2007 forever, as I got to hold my first grandchild for the very first time. Jack, you are absolutely beautiful and you make my heart sing. Love Grandma Glynn

John P. Glynn said...

I also got to hold Jackson last night! He was awake and working on several facial expressions (he's mastered both "confused" and "pensive").

Jack weighed in at 3 lbs. 15 oz. just before I left, but Donna says he gets biscuits and gravy with breakfast so he's gotta be over 4 lbs. by now.

Hits to the blog since 4-13-08

Free Web Site Counter