Tuesday, September 4, 2007

5 lbs!

Yaay Jack! He gained 6 oz in one week and was an even 5lbs at the doctor today. He is also getting tall-- almost 18 inches long! He was 14 inches at birth. This was a different doctor than we went to last time. I won't go into too much detail, but we just weren't comfortable with our first choice. She was into "holistic" healing...and although I appreciate the art of massage and alternative medicine, coming from the NICU, we're more comfortable with a scientific approach. The new doctor is one of the attendings at Children's Memorial and seems very good. She said he looks good and we should just keep growing him. She also said the hemangioma on his head is nothing to worry about and it will go away "soon." So, we're not worried---hat season is right around the corner :-)
He made his debut to several family members at a Labor Day bbq and seemed to enjoy himslef. He thanks everyone for the cuddling and the kisses and for washing their hands first.

4 comments:

Favorite Aunt Nancy & Uncle Kevin said...

Hey - I beat Corry to the blog update!

Jack looks GREAT!! What are you feeding him, lead weights?? Whatever it is, keep up the good work.

It must have been difficult to share Jack with others. It was very nice of you to let aunts and uncles fingerprint him. I'm sure they all appreciate the opportunity to kiss his beautiful face.

Thanks for the update - you guys are awesome!

Love,

(your favorite) Aunt Nancy

John P. Glynn said...

Jack finally weighs more than the most meat I've consumed in a single sitting.*

Congratulations to your bouncing baby beefroast.

- ujpg



(* - Fogo De Chão, Chicago 3/16/07)

Bill said...

Hey -

Haven't written in a while, but we are keeping an eye on the blog. He's really getting big!

Keep up the good work.

Bill, Kathy, Alyssa and Alanna in Florida

linda said...

HI Big Guy
Just when I think you cant impress me anymore. There you go again! 5lbs and sweeter than sugar.WOW!!
I certainly wont recognize you next week. I am glad your mom and dad keep snapping those pictures and keep blogging them to all of us. I havent been writing each time but you can be sure I keep your pictures on my screenand check daily.
I am enjoying the shutter fly too!
Sweet dreams
love,
grammie- and grampa says "great job!"

Hits to the blog since 4-13-08

Free Web Site Counter