I bought him a few hats in the hopes of introducing his very white little self to the sun...someday soon...we hope. In the meantime, he enjoyed modeling them from his exersaucer (and just being cute with no hat)..
Sunday, February 17, 2008
Is it spring yet?
While I was out shopping today, the clothes on the racks say eighty degrees, but the crappy weather still screams February in Chicago. It's hard to imagine Jack romping around in cute little shorts, when we have to bundle him like the abominable snowman for the 10 step scoot (across the ice) to the car. Can it be over already? Can we take Jack for a stroll and introduce him to trees and dogs and our "lively" neighborhood? Can we go to the lake and the zoo and the park? He sits angrily in his swing right now, filling his pants and banging plastic keys on the tray with all his strength---that's what he thinks of winter.
I bought him a few hats in the hopes of introducing his very white little self to the sun...someday soon...we hope. In the meantime, he enjoyed modeling them from his exersaucer (and just being cute with no hat)..
I should also mention that this adorable little guy has gone on a nap strike. No naps more than 15 minutes. All day. No naps. None. So we are quickly approaching the six o'clock meltdown...and there was the filling of the pants mentioned earlier. Gotta go.
I bought him a few hats in the hopes of introducing his very white little self to the sun...someday soon...we hope. In the meantime, he enjoyed modeling them from his exersaucer (and just being cute with no hat)..
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
4 comments:
Oh my gosh! He is the cutest little boy in the entire Chicagoland area!!!! I say, feed him, burp him, change him, put him a a safe play area in front of Daddy, take a glass of wine to the bedroom and have the longest nap you need! You've earned it! Kisses and Hugs to all of you. GG - Grandma Glynn
Even with Jack's moodiness, Donna was kind enough to send Soren on a mission to represent them at a friend's birthday gathering.
She is what Nietzsche referred to as Der Überwife.
- ujpg
It sounds like Jack and I think alike. I don't mind winter - but enough is enough. That stupid groundhog was right, darn him.
In the meantime, I think that Mom would use a little beach time. Soon, my friend, you will be fishing off our pier with a big glass of wine in your hand, or sharing a laugh by the campfire. Keep thinking about that and I'll see you soon.
Love to all . . .
Hi Jack
I sit here awaiting another storm and I am with you and aunt Nancy and Uncle Kevin ENOUGH WINTER!!!!
I have to cancel my hair appointment tomorrow and I am furious. You are having colder weather than we have, so I will try to keep my complaining to a minimum.
I love your new hats and you look so happy in them.
How is your bear? Did you know bears sleep most of the winter.
Try to remember that next time you take a nap and be a good little bear and try to at least sleep at least through the hour! Your mom needs a little time to recoup between your adorable smiles and your diaper filling.
Just think-- 4 weeks from sunday you will be able to fill your pants in grammies house and I cant wait.
Sweet dreams
love Grammie
Post a Comment