
We confirmed while taking these pictures that this strange little boy does not like potatoes--in any form. Not even the deep fried salty version. He likes the idea of holding the french fry and taking bites, but as soon as he gets past the salty outside, he spits it out. I guess we should stop being fry pushers and provide him the healthy green beans and peas he actually enjoys.
We've had a very productive and LONG week preparing our condo to be put on the market. We've cleaned, de-cluttered and "staged" every room (including the attic--yikes). We are all ready to go and will be listed tomorrow. Given the current market conditions, this is a wait and see adventure, but we hope to be in a nice suburban home in the next few months.
Jackson has spent a lot of time being kept out of the way as we make one small disaster in the house after another (paint, carpet, boxes, etc). He and I went to the park yesterday afternoon while Soren did some last minute paint touch-ups. He enjoyed the swings and watching a football team practice. He was having more fun than the half-smirk in the picture indicates, I swear.
In the meantime, he's cut a few teeth in the past week which has made him a little high maintenance (i.e. a bit screamy). Overall, he is still his cute funny self--well, except for when he was up for the day at 4 this morning.
He has regular "go-to" spots in the house. If you don't hear him for a few minutes he's either:
1) Removing the zip loc bags one by one from a drawer in the kitchen
2) Removing all tupperware from the cabinet
2) Removing all tupperware from the cabinet
3) Giving the toilet paper roll a good yank
4) On his tip toes, typing on the keyboard in the office
5) Under the dining room table. He uses this space as a sort of sacred cave. If he gets hold of something really good (a remote control or telephone), he will often retreat under the table with it as if we can't see him.
5) Under the dining room table. He uses this space as a sort of sacred cave. If he gets hold of something really good (a remote control or telephone), he will often retreat under the table with it as if we can't see him.
With all that we've been doing, these few pics taken with my cell phone are all I have to report since we got back from vacation. If the realtor doesn't make us box up the cameras and put them in the attic--there will be better ones to come :-)
6 comments:
2aol.comHi Jack
I love your half-smirk picture and if I were there I would have given you a big hug.
Your mom and dad seem to be getting things in order, so you can have a new home with a yard.
Its a lot of work but it will pay off in the end.
I think you are a rebel with a cause--- with your Irish and Polish ancestry you should have some craving for potatoes!! What's up with that??? Do you see a potato famine in the future?
Maybe peas and beans are the rage of the future!!!
Well fried foods are definitely not good for you anyway. You have really decided to "GO GREEN" -I am proud of you. Keep up the good eating habits.
Saturday we are celebrating Erik and Pipers Birthday. With all our different work and school schedules- (Eriks is late and Pipers early) - it s hard to get together. I have to show them pictures of our wonderful vacation.
I still feel relaxed and in the spirit. I know it's because I had such wonderful people to share it with. I hope we can all get together again soon.
My supper dishes await-------
Sweet dreams
Love
Grammie
It took me decades to master that mischievous half-smirk. Well done, Jackson!
Don't worry about the current dislike of potatoes. He'll come around to fulfill all of his Irish stereotypes in due time.
- ujpg
What's up with the "thank you, but no potatoes for me"???? Doesn't Jack realize that salt is one of everyone's favorite food group? Seriously, glad to hear that Jack is making good choices (unlike is favorite Aunt Nancy).
It looks like a perfect fall day and glad that you could take off to enjoy it with your two favorite men.
Good luck in listing the condo. I hope it sells quickly - it is a very cozy home and anyone would be very lucky to get it.
Love to all . . .
I'm glad to hear my monster is the only one who hates potatoes in all forms. I thought my kid was weird, but apparently he's not alone.
Good luck with the house and moving and all that.
Hey Jack,
Your Godfather used to be the Green Bean King.. just ask him about how much he loves them now?
You'll have plenty of time to enjoy potatoes.. in the meantime, if it's ok.. I'll eat your share and mine.. ok?..(with lots of butter and salt please).
I wish someone would come in.. and "stage" my house. Get rid of all the excess, and leave me with something out of Home and Garden. As it is, mine is more like.. Early Garage Sale and Trash Collection, but I'm not complaining. I just never had that..aesthetically pleasing gene.
Oh well, guess you can't be blessed with that.. AND the looks of a SuperModel...(more potatoes please...Great..now I'm really depressed, I didn't get either.)
Love you guys,
And the blog!!!
Great photos of your little man, especially the swing. And congrats on putting your home up for sale! (lots of prep work, I know!) Visitors may be intermittent but stay hopeful (says this fellow city condo seller). Soon Jack will have a yard to play in (with leaves for you to rake, weeds to pull, a driveway to shovel, landscaping to care for...) and it'll be great. Hope to see you all soon.
Post a Comment