Sunday, June 7, 2009

Not long enough at Long Lake


We were wishing as we packed up the car this morning that our visit with Aunt Nancy and Uncle Kevin could be longer! We had a great time. Thank you so much for having us!

Early morning out on the deck, playing with Uncle Kevin's hat


Seeing the group off on a fishing trip (he wasn't too thrilled that daddy was leaving on the boat)



Being silly, running up the big hill back to the house


..and the BEST parts of his vacation were the boat ride, and riding in the golf cart (or the "tractor," according to Jack). And when he got to help Aunt Nancy take out the garbage in the tractor...whoa. Riding in a golf cart while playing garbage man is like the coolest thing this little boy can imagine.




He was a pretty good passenger on both ways of the 6 hour drive. However, the adorable non-stop chatter can go from cute to OMG in a matter of those hours. When he wasn't peacefully snoozing in the back seat, there was a lot of conversations that went like this (over and over):
"Mommy? Mommy? Mommy? Mommy? Mommy?"
"Yes, Jack?"
"Uncle Kevin's house"
"Yes, Jack, we're going to Uncle Kevin's house."

"Daddy? Daddy? Daddy? Daddy? Daddy?"
"Yes, Jack?"
"Truck"
"Yes, Jack, that's a truck."

Overall though, we couldn't have asked for a better toddler traveler. Here he is, the well behaved little road-trip diner

6 comments:

Favorite Aunt Nancy & Uncle Kevin said...

We had a WONDERFUL time with you and started missing you as you were pulling out of the driveway. So glad you got to make the trip to see us. As soon as Jack's little sister is born, please start planning your next trip up here.
Thanks again for coming!!!
Big kisses and hugs to all . . .

Laura said...

Cute pictures. Looks like you had a great time. I can't wait until it is our turn to go.

John P. Glynn said...

Looks like a great time was had ... I'm jealous and can hardly wait for August!

jpg

Unknown said...

Hi Jack
I am so happy you had such a great time at the lake. You have such a wonderfully expressive face I enjoy all your pictures. This group was especially great.
You did a fantastic job tooting that horn and I am sure you were a great help to Favorite Aunt Nancy and Uncle Kevin.
Sweet dreams
Love Grammie

Unknown said...

Hi Jack
I just wrote 2 times and for some reason I keep loosing my messages so I will try again
I enjoyed your fantastically expressive pictures.
I can see you had a great time helping Favorite Aunt Nancy and Uncle Kevin- Excellent horn honking!
Glad you had such a great trip.
Sweet dreams
Love
Grammie

Unknown said...

Hey Jay --somehow my blog to Jack has your name on it !!!!!!!!!
Michael also said something about your Blog is was on his file when he went to order a book. He said you started a blog???? Since I know little about this fool machine maybe Pat did set up a blog anyway-
Hello and have a great day!!!!!!!!!

Hits to the blog since 4-13-08

Free Web Site Counter