We just returned from a wonderful Culver family vacation in Ventnor City, NJ. It's a few miles down the boardwalk from Atlantic City. We had an amazing house (way to go, Grammie!), and an amazing time with the family. My mom and dad were able to join us as well, which was great. Soren and I were able to enjoy an evening out on the town, and lots of fun at the beach while Nana sat with a napping Maddie.
Here's how it went:
Pack up the kids (not a small task):
Get on the plane.
Jackson wasn't as impressed as I though he'd be with the flight. However, they were both well behaved, and the plane was pretty empty on the way there, which made it a little more comfortable.
Bring a Nana. She will be invaluable!!

"Turn on the light, Nana. Not that light, the other light. I want the air, Nana. The other air. I want the air off. Turn the light on again, Nana." God Bless the Nana!
"Turn on the light, Nana. Not that light, the other light. I want the air, Nana. The other air. I want the air off. Turn the light on again, Nana." God Bless the Nana!
Arrive at amazing beach house

The house was set up perfectly for our group, and Jackson enjoyed bunking with his cousins. He did tell me at one point that the bed was "too bunky." But he really loved the roommates.
Building sandcastles with Grammie and cousin Hayden

Cookies on the beach. Does it get any better? I suppose cookies without sand would be good too...but you can't beat the view.
Cookies on the beach. Does it get any better? I suppose cookies without sand would be good too...but you can't beat the view.
Reading the local paper with Papa (he was able to join us for the weekend)

What do you do in Ventnor City, NJ? You go and see Lucy, the elephant. Lucy is a giant elephant building, that you can go inside.
What do you do in Ventnor City, NJ? You go and see Lucy, the elephant. Lucy is a giant elephant building, that you can go inside.
Climbing Lucy's foot with cousins Hayden and Gannon.
The Atlantic City aquarium.
Our rental car had a TV in it. We brought along the "Toy Story" movies that were on a constant loop in the house and car. As Nana and Jackson are touching real live baby sharks at the aquarium, Jack excitedly says "I can't believe it, Nana. Our vacation car has a TV in it!"
Looking out to sea at the aquarium observation deck





5 comments:
What a beautiful journaling of our trip. Your pictures tell the story beautifully. I am so blessed to be able to join in on the "Culver Vacation". Culvers' Rock!
HAPPY 3rd BIRTHDAY JACKSON!!!!
Hi Jack and Maddie,
Its been so long since I have written that I am not sure of my acount, so I will try to send this first before I write!!!!!!!!!
Hi Jack and Maddie,
took a few time but I got through!
Vacation went by so fast. Grandpa really enjoyed himself. He was so impressed with how smart you both are.
Your mom has such a great blog. All the pictures with captions to remind us of the great time we had.
Its alway great to see Papa. Sorry he couldnt stay longer. Nana is the best. She has a great way with all the kids, so much patience and an endless amount of love to give to all. She is such an important part of our family vacations- we couldnt keep it together without her.
YOur dad is a great cook he and nana work well together. I dont know where he got his skills in the kitchen- certainly not from me. My mom was a great cook he probably got his love of cooking from her.
Uncle Ezra did a good job with the steak He is getting good with the new grill.
After you left on Friday we took Gannon and Piper to the Aquarium. They both loved it. Gannon got to feed the sting-rays. We thought we would return for hot dogs beans and ice cream but we had no electric until almost 6:30. It was hot upstairs so we sat on the balcony where it was breezy. Many people on the block were also outside. A transformer needed to be replaced and it took a total of 4 hours-all of Ventnor and part of Margate were without electricity. Kelly was happy cause we ordered out from the White House- the subs were ok- not great.
We didnt get home until 3:30 yesterday.
I spent today at Gigi's apartment and got a lot done cleaning and moving her things She said to wish Jack a happy birthday. I am so glad we got to have a beach party on your 3rd birthday You are proof miracles do happen.
Sweet dreams
Love
Grammie
Hi Jack and Maddie,
Its been so long since I have written that I am not sure of my acount, so I will try to send this first before I write!!!!!!!!!
All I can say is WOW!!! The pictures are outstanding and they do tell a great story. It is so wonderful that the grandparents are able to vacation with your little ones. But the most impressive thing about the entire trip???... You guessed it, I can't believe your car had a T.V. in it! Screw touching baby sharks, and sandcastles. It's wonderful to see pictures of Grammie again! Maddie and Jackson, you are the luckiest baby and three year old, I know! Happy Birthday, Jack!!!
Post a Comment