Sunday, December 5, 2010

Obsessions

Star Wars. The boy digs Star Wars. He's only actually seen the movie once or twice with Uncle John P, but it's his new thing. Drinking straws are blasters and light sabers. He is Luke Skywalker. He is Darth Vader. Maddie is R2-D2 (always). I'm Princess Leia. Soren is usually C-3P0 or Chewbacca. Our lunch conversation the other day lead me to google the correct procunciation of the Millenium Falcon ("Fahlcon", short a, if you were wondering). The phrase "Princess Leia has big buns" is HILARIOUS.

His Darth Vader costume:

His book selection from the library. He's got it memorized.


Maddie obsession of the moment? Pacifiers. Lots of them. At a time when we should probably be breaking the habit. She's a hoarder. She'll go to bed with one in her mouth and one each hand. I present Madeline Ruth in the video shorts "Bucket full of Binkies:"

WINTER FUN:
The kids had a lot of fun in the first snow of the season. Well, Jackson had a lot of fun. Maddie sort of had fun until she fell on her face. Then she was done with the snow for the morning.



Decorating the tree

Attempt to get a picture of the kids in front of the tree:

2 comments:

Corry said...

Yea!!! I love the collection of fall postings. I'm sorry I've not been on here too often. I LOVED, Nana making the turkey dance.. that was awesome.. oh and the lovely turkey pineapple, that was cool too. I also loved your appreciation of your kids soft cheeks, a freckle, or when they played well together. You were wise not to delete those pictures.
I didn't want to mention this.. but Jack's Darth costume??.. didn't it look a lot like the Buzz Light Year ensemble from last year? I mean.. of course.. trends come and go.. but I swear I've seen that helmet before.. hmmm.

Love you guys!!!

Sheila said...

Cute photos! (and charming narrative, as always) I can't wait until Alex is obsessed with "Star Wars"; we're ready for it. His current obsession? Water...any kind. I suppose I should relish the cheap thrills. And maybe you should savor this time while Maddie's into collecting binkies instead of shoes ($$$)... ha!

Hits to the blog since 4-13-08

Free Web Site Counter