Sunday, September 13, 2009

Eye of the hurricane

A welcomed quiet Sunday morning at our house, that we haven't had enough of lately

Recipe for Chaos:

1) Start by being 8.5 months pregnant.
2) Add a high-risk pregnancy, with a minimum of two doctor’s appointments per week.

3) Sprinkle with rheumatoid arthritis.

4) Mix in a two year-old. A very adorable and very chatty one:



5) After almost a year on the market, get a contract on our condo. FINALLY, HALLELUJAH! --not complaining about this at all...but...

6) Make it all "staged" and spotless for the inspection. An inspection on a 100+ year old building is not something to be taken lightly.
7) Hold our breath, hoping the inspection and appraisal all goes through. We're holding our breath until Thursday for end of attorney review).
8) Schedule the closing date for as close to my due date as possible. Oh wait…let’s make it ON the day the doctor mentioned a scheduled c-section. Even better!

9) Find and purchase the perfect house in the next week, naively hoping for an arrangement where we don’t have to put our things in storage and move twice with a newborn.

10) Combine thoroughly with the busiest work week of the year. *I’m sure 90% of my readers don't know what I do for a living. I help companies file tax returns which are due 9/15. This chaos continues through Tuesday.

So, that's what we've been up to. We have seen a few houses we like, but we're holding out for "the one," which we hope falls into our lap this week....and that everything with the sale goes through....and that we can have both closings by the end of October...and that Boo stays comfy on the inside for a few more weeks, and then makes a healthy and uncomplicated entrance into the world.
Is it November yet?
**the only thing crazier than all this is to then move into a house where the kitchen and bathroom need to be gutted. I leave that to the Schirz family.

4 comments:

Favorite Aunt Nancy & Uncle Kevin said...

Oh my gosh!! Are you sure your blood pressure is okay?? It sounds like a scene that would kill most mortals.
CONGRATULATIONS on selling the condo. We will all hold our breath until the final piece of paper is signed. I knew that the "Pottery Barn" catalog would do the trick. Now you can pass it on to your mom.
You look great in the last post. And of course, little Jack is as handsome as ever! Soren, however, looks a lot better when he's awake.
Congratulations again and thanks for the update. I know that you didn't need one more thing to do on your day off. We all appreciate you taking the time to update the blog.
Love to all . . .

Corry said...

Nancy's right.. we do appreciate you letting us see into the eye of your hurricane. It makes my life seem so peaceful.
I am forever amazed at the way you and Laura just take all of these hurdles in stride.. with a smile and rarely swearing through gritted teeth, which is how I would handle it.. if all the stress wouldn't have put me in the loony bin by now. I will throw many prayers up that your dates come and go, with all your deadlines met, house sold, house purchased, nobody goes to jail over taxes, and a healthy new baby arrives at the precise moment you pick, just as you hope. But if it doesn't... could you blog about it, my life is so boring compared to yours,and I just love your updates.

Love you bunches!!!

Sheila said...

Well done! I am praying for you & the family to handle all of this smoothly! Life is never dull.

PS: Randy won't let me post photos like this of him. :)

linda said...

HI jack
Your mom and dad are certainly buzy getting ready for your new sister and trying to get you a new house. Although you keep them buzy, I can see with all the great photos --you also provide a great deal of joy.
The Glynn sisters sure know how to keep us all on the edge of our seats- when it comes to nesting!!!!!!!!!!

Well my sweet boy I cant wait to see you in November-- you will be a big brother and have a new home.

Sweet dreams
Love
Grammie

Hits to the blog since 4-13-08

Free Web Site Counter